Thursday, January 1, 2015

Gothic mum talk

So i ask an idea on youtube about gothic mum talk so the idea is people ask me question on gothic related parenting stuff and i will take that question to other goths and then put that all together to make a video




 first question:
we all friends hear and parent too and this question come across to me all the time and every time you try and get the right answer your all was going to piss someone off but hey I think it need to be talk about a little bit more so hear the question

because we are goths should our baby/toddler/kids be goth too dress, live the life etc........ of course I see some beautiful gothic family picture fully dress gothic family and it look amazing and are happy... so what I asking is should we feel we have to make a kids look goth because we are goths

 dw I will add me own opinion on this in the comment I just want other opinions



anwer from lots of other different gothic mums:


Rachel: I dress my kids (3 and 1 year olds) Goth... to an extent..... (Because they can't exactly protest it ha ha) My daughter is 5 and likes to be Goth when it suits her. I think once they have a voice and "Opinion" of sorts, they have a "right within reason" to say what they want to wear.


Lee-Ann: the most I have really done with my two boy Michael 4 and luke 2 is I will play the cure, type o negative etc,,,, why cleaning the house why they play with toys watch cartoon etc......... but I have always look at my kids a their own little people that will have their own interest and personally so i been dressing them in blue, green, black t-shirt change their look up to show them many different style now Michael tell me what he like and doesn't like, and luke is doing the same luke happy to watch nightmare Christmas with me wear Michael would never have a bar of it and that ok and the both very comfortable with my gothic décor around the house and tell me i look pretty, sure i may never watch a really bad horror movie with me but i have accept that i can still be my self "gothic" and still be a mother at the same time


Rachel: Hahaha Abby is 5 she loves Childs Play and Nightmare on Elm Street, She also loves ELVIRA and Rocky Horror.



Candy: I buy alternative clothes for my son with out even thinking of it.. I come home and realise all his clothes are a sea of black and some red, haha!
I dont see any problem with it, since I, indeed, can't help it, I don't even put effort into it..
He loves spiders and skulls without enforcing it too, which I'm rather proud about..



Grave:  I use to design tripp pants band shirts abd stuff for my son but he outgrew it and chooses his own thing now no harm id love him however he is
And with my daughter I brought her an outfit she has 2 black dresses but black doesbt suit her so I don't dress her up lol I do have some gorgeous gothy family photos though


Grave: And as far as lifestyle I listen to a wide range of music and introduce my ids to a wide range of ideas and ideals
I when I ws youbg wanted acceptance for how I was and id be hypocrite to push anything on them as long as theyre well adjusted social morally acceptable human beings who are tolerant and loving
All else doesnt matter to us ♡♡♡


Poly: I always dressed my girl Goth until she was about 2 when she screamed "no! " and ripped the black skull tshirt off and grabbed some pink crap that we had been given. I've always let her have her own way after that. Otherwise I'm add bad as my mum forcing me too wear brown corduroy in the 70s. Blech. Child abuse.



Jennifer: Dean My baby is only two months old so he wears 1: what others bought him and 2: what I can find that I like. It seems that the bigger the sizes the more style choices and less cutesy they are. As he gets older I will let him pick what he likes as my sister did with her kids.

As far as music he listens to what I do. He likes to "dance" with me to ebm, and also seems to calm to the Cure or bands like Washed Out. He likes whatever I sing to him. I hope I give him enough freedom as he grows to be himself. I'm sure we all influence or kids as we were by our own parents.

When itcomes to pictures, I do my own and will do a few outfits so people can pick what they like. If I'm in it, we'll you get whatever I did that day.

I think do what you want until they start choosing for themselves.


Kathleen: I have a 6 month old girl. We have a mix of goth (black, skulls) and girly. Depends whether I'm going out with her and what's clean as to what gets worn. When she gets old enough to choose I won't have a problem.


Lee-Ann: one thing I think we can all agree on is being a alternative goth parent can be pretty great for kids we are teaching them simple like it ok to be your self, creativity is ok, art, music, thinking different about the world, self confident and so many more life lesson with out ever thinking about it

Grave: ^^^ def agree


Rachel: I think being a Goth Parent, we teach our kids to be more accepting of "Different" cultures/styles etc, We don't seem to be as closed minded as some of the more "Normal/Accepted" parents


Gothic parents

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Gothic.Parents/

PROFILES:
ask.fm
http://ask.fm/leemangothic

FAcebook fan page:
 https://www.facebook.com/gothicleeman

No comments:

Post a Comment