Wednesday, April 13, 2016

modern vampire books

 So as a personal lover of the gothic sub-culture and a lover of reading a good books that fall under the gothic umbrella. One of the most popular reading style and types is VAMPIRES. We all have a romantic idea of vampire and the dark story of a vampire's life... What made me fall in love with vampires was first watching the movie's Dracula and Anne rice Interview with a vampire after see those movies I WAS HOOKED. So of course I read the books who wouldn't

So after Anne rice book we started to slow see the culture of vampire story change to evil vampire, good vampire, hero type vampires, gory/horror scary type vampire... To the evolution of twilight vampires... And this is wear I want to talk about today. No I'm not going to talk about twilight yes I will happily say I enjoy the books and the movies but their not my most favoured vampire story. But I will agree twilight has kinder killer the mystery of vampire for the modern culture.

Since we are look at new modern style of vampire book I want to share a few books I have read and enjoy that YES have vampires.

1. Richelle Meads
Vampire Academy  book lists:

1. Vampire academy
2. Frostbite
3. Shadow kissed
4. Blood promise
5. Spirit bound
6. Last sacrifice

First thing first I love love these books I have current read all these books about 5 times now and would happy pick them up again. They do have a fantastic way of sucking you into the story line..

So the story line is their different type of vampires in this story you have your Royal vampire of well breeding "moroi" and their the rich and upper class of the vampire world and they can also so do magic like earth, fire, air, water and spirit you have your non-royal vampires Dhampir they are lower class vampires they become the body guards or low class workers of the vampire world. then you have you other type of vampire "strigioi" they are the evil vampire of these world or more like the infected vampires. The books is bass around Rose Hathaway a Dhampir and Lissa Dragomir a Moroi and they teenage vampire only trying to just be teenager and handle and understand the vampire world system. Of course like any good story their love and danger. This story your really following rose character and I love it.
 



2. Bloodline

1. Bloodline
2. The golden lily
3. The indigo spell
4. The fiery Heart
5. Silver Shadows
6. The ruby circle

So if you lover Vampire academy and was really sad that the book finish have no fear they created a spine off from the book this following vampire academy but around some of the other character of the book. I will say I put up the story really quickly because it the same style and everything but I will say it took my a lot longer to fall in love with the character and the change in story. why reading this book I want it to spine back to the old character and what they doing which really doesn't have much in this story because it is a spin-off. Still a enjoyable read if you like VA


Rose's story might have wrapped up in the Vampire Academy series, but there's still lots more to tell about the other characters from that world. This spin-off series centers around Sydney the Alchemist, a human teen who's part of a group to keep the existence of vampires secret from the world. Sydney's spent her entire life being taught that vampires and dhampirs are evil and unnatural, but all that's about to change when she's forced into hiding with Jill, Adrian, and Eddie...



3. P.C Cast House of nights

1. Marked
2. Betrayed
3. Chosen
4. Untamed
5. Hunted
6. Tempted
7. Burned
8. Awakened
9. Destined
10.Hidden

This one a really hard one it  call it self a vampire book but once you starting reading the book you find out quickly that it more vampire that have turn yet... like all modern vampire book these day the story bass around teenager, school, and love story. Like the first book being called marked you pretty much get marked as a vampire when you a human and have to go to the vampire high... this story is more like a wicca book. with goddess, temple, using the elements etc...... I got t say I haven't read all the book I think I ever will fully finish the story I kinder lost interest in the story line.



After a Vampire Tracker Marks her with a crescent moon on her forehead, 16-year-old Zoey Redbird enters the House of Night and learns that she is no average fledgling. She has been Marked as special by the vampyre Goddess Nyx and has affinities for all five elements: Air, Fire Water, Earth and Spirit. But she is not the only fledgling at the House of Night with special powers. When she discovers that the leader of the Dark Daughters, the school’s most elite club, is mis-using her Goddess-given gifts, Zoey must look deep within herself for the courage to embrace her destiny – with a little help from her new vampyre friends






4. Julie Kagawa blood of eden

1. The immortal rules
2. the eternity cure
3. the forever song


More a long the lines of a real vampire story. this story is around a world control by vampire and the main character of the book hate vampire then become one her self. so she has to run away from it all and do it on her own by of course she fall in love and the an evil world domination style story. but I enjoy it and I like the fact their only 3 books so it a quick read that doesn't drag out.


Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a walled-in city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten. Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of them—the vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself dies and becomes one of the monsters.

Forced to flee her city, Allie must pass for human as she joins a ragged group of pilgrims seeking a legend—a place that might have a cure for the disease that killed off most of civilization and created the rabids, the bloodthirsty creatures who threaten human and vampire alike. And soon Allie will have to decide what and who is worth dying for… again.


5. Rebecca Maizel Vampire queen

1. Infinite Days
2. Stolen night
3. Eternal dawn


Another very very different vampire books. The story bass around a vampire queen that become human and try to fix into the human world but the vampire world cant let her go. at first I didn't think I would like this book but once I go into the story line of it I like it of course the love triangle pissed me off a little bit but you kind have to run with it.


A new year is beginning at Wickham Boarding School. A new chance at life, at reversing the evil in my past. But nothing is ever as simple it seems...

Last year, the love of my life died performing a ritual to fulfill my one wish and make me human. And now I’ve performed the same ritual for my friend Vicken – and survived. Why am I here, back safe on Wickham campus?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment